This project is now open for Production.
The Best Seat in the House - Draft 2
written for The Impact:50,
uploaded 03 Jan '16 21:53
A father grants his quadriplegic son his last wish: to climb a tree
| Share this on
We liked this exploration of a father-son relationship.
- We need room for filmmakers to interpret the disability, and think Timothy should be able to talk
- Lose the countdown on TV and replace with father glancing at watch, keeping it intimate and more filmable
- Replace helicopter with plane, as more filmable
- Separate the blast from the end of the story, so that they are left sharing a final sunset together. And then write the final moments as a CUT TO: (see below)
- Try and find a humanly resonant moment between father and son – it’s the end of the world
Remember to write a line with a CUT TO: For when the blast wave hits them. Great work!
The draft below is now closed for feedback.
Please read and review the latest draft above.